If you want, you can load mysql and run the following command
SELECT n.nid,n.vid,n.type,n.status,from_unixtime(n.created),nr.uid FROM node AS n INNER JOIN node_revisions AS nr ON n.nid=nr.nid WHERE n.type='' AND n.uid=0;
This will show details from the node and node_revisions tables showing the nodes where there is no type and uid=0. It turns out that the node_revisions table has a uid too, which is not zero. It is from this uid I determined that the 'empty node' was created right around the time the user account was created.
I tried creating a new account on ablert, which has the same bug as einstien. I could not produce this 'empty node'.